5 Commerc Way
Auburn, NY 13021
Volpi is a privately owned company with locations in Zurich, Switzerland and Auburn, NY USA. Our core competencies are in systems engineering, development, production and life cycle management of customer-specific OEM subsystems. We are at the forefront of optical module development and manufacturing, which enables our industry leading OEM-customers to realize advantages in speed, accuracy, quality, up time and cost with their instruments.
Strategic Sourcing Leader
Your main functions:
Responsible for developing and executing optimal sourcing strategies from early stage new product development (NPD) through to pre-production, production ramp up and life cycle management. Establish and enhance supplier relationships to drive sourcing & supplier initiatives to meet or exceed project timelines, product quality, service, and deliver sustainable competitive cost, while mitigating risk. You must be an entrepreneurial critical thinker who is well organized, detail oriented, and can multi-task with ease and work as part of an integrated global team. This is a new positon created to support our aggressive global growth in the highly regulated medical diagnostic markets and reports directly to the COO.
- Effectively develop, manage and maintain relationships with Suppliers
- Lead Supplier identification, evaluation and selection for NPD
- Develop strong working relationships with Engineering and Project Management to then effectively drive early supplier involvement to achieve development performance goals, support project timelines, and manage product cost
- Implement sourcing strategies that results in a sustainable competitive advantage
- Acquire and maintain understanding of marketplace trends, market forces, cost trends, and supplier technology road maps
- Procure materials to meet customer and ISO 13485 requirements for NPD programs
- Develop and negotiate supply agreements and purchase order terms and condition
- Effectively develop and manage a supplier risk management program
- Participate in or lead supplier audits in combination with Quality
- Promote and work towards balanced continuous value improvement for all aspects of quality, service and cost from NPD through to and including production
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering, with preference given to those with technical education
- 10+ years of Purchasing & Supplier development in NPD/manufacturing environment
- Broad based commodity experience, with preference given to experience in a highly controlled industries, such as medical device, automotive, aerospace, military
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Excellent leadership, organization, project management, and communication
- Ability to travel to site in Switzerland, customers and suppliers (~25% required)
What we offer:
The potential for growth in a dynamic and international environment. A wide variety of responsibilities with the opportunity to work independently and collaboratively in teams. A highly motivated and supportive environment with entrepreneurial spirit. Professional development opportunities in an expanding industry requiring technical excellence and ingenuity. Our benefits package is considered to be in the top 10% for companies of any size.