Custom-made Optoelectronic Modules for Your Applications: Systems Engineering from Volpi
Our systems architects work with your application specialists to develop your detailed technical requirements within a "requirements engineering" workshops. Based on the results coming out of these workshops, we develop the best modular solution with the help of additional Volpi specialists.
Experienced experts in the fields of optics, electronics, mechatronics, and software collaborate in the process. Commercial requirements are included in the conceptual design of the solution right from the start.
Structured Development Processes Ensure Transparent and Targeted Realization
Product realization occurs in a structured five-step development process, including milestones and gate reviews, that takes modules from idea to prototype iteration and finally to transfer to mass production.
Close coordination and ongoing communication with our customers are especially important to us and ensure the necessary transparency in the development process.
For development in accordance with ISO 13485, the V-model methodology with the corresponding documentation is employed.
Volpi Development Process
Volpi V-Model Development Process
Spanning Light Generation, Transmission and Detection, and Data Preprocessing
Volpi’s expertise includes a broad range of solutions expertise covering the following areas:
- Fluorescence excitation and measurement for PCR, next-generation sequencing and proteomics
- Fluorescence microscopy for genomic and proteomic applications
- Spectrophotometry for clinical chemistry and point-of-care in vitro diagnostics applications
- Spectroscopy for hemostasis, capillary electrophoresis and liquid handling quality control
- Homogeneous illumination solutions for ophthalmology and industrial image processing
The following services are typically provided in development projects:
- Systems engineering for complete modules
- Photon budget analysis, color selection consulting (reduction/avoidance of fading)
- Development and comparison of various solution concepts
- Optimization of selected solution concept
- Selection of most suitable light sources (LED, laser, xenon, halogen)
- Optimization of light sources in terms of service life, spatial and temporal homogeneity of illumination, and spectral tuning
- Optical design of optical illumination elements (lenses, mirrors, filters, fiber optic light guides)
- Selection of suitable filters
- Selection of most suitable sensors for the given application (photodiodes, PMTs, CCD, sCMOS)
- Optical design of optical readout elements
- Spectrometer design and prototyping
- Electronics simulation and design
- Development of hardware-related software for control and measurement data preprocessing
- Development of algorithms for data analysis
- Estimation of product costs with ongoing tracking
- Build and test of laboratory prototypes
- Design FMEA
- Development, build and validation of specific module testers
- Pilot series production
- Process FMEA
- Transfer of assembly processes to mass production